Business Iceland and The Consulate of Iceland in New York are hosting a short seminar on the seafood industry in Iceland on June 15, at 11:30 to 12:00 noon EST (15:30-16:00 Iceland time). The meeting is organized in partnership with Mar Advisors.
What is the state of the Icelandic market and what do you need to consider when looking to invest in Icelandic seafood and aquaculture companies?
- The Icelandic seafood industry is approximately a 3 billion dollar business including aquaculture and there are indications that in the coming years we will see increased growth and profitability
- Three Icelandic seafood companies are listed on Nasdaq
- Three Icelandic aquaculture companies are listed on Euronext
- Many medium sized companies in fishing, aquaculture and seafood processing are looking to optimize and consolidate in their business
- The blue economy in Iceland is strong and very innovation driven utilizing by products etc.
Magnús Bjarnason, Managing Partner at Mar Advisors will discuss the Icelandic market, the dos and don'´ts when investing in the seafood industry in Iceland with focus on opportunities in fish farming and outlook.
-The meeting will start on time so please call in few minutes early. The meeting starts at 11:30am to 12:00 noon EST (15:30-16:00 Iceland time).